About the Course
A strong advance practical course for budding PR practitioners and those who are interested in the evolving field of Communication. It covers the core components of Communication, both internal and external, and is tailored to meet the challenges of the marketplace.
This is a three-month course with twice weekly classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays (except on Public Holidays or unless otherwise stated) from 7.30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Seasoned PR professionals, most of whom are Accredited Members of the Institute, and possess over 20 years' experience in PR and Communication. Our Trainers bring a wealth of experience from both Corporate PR and PR consultancies, as well as from the Public, Private and Not-for-Profit sectors.
Intake 02-2022 – Quarter 3, 16 August to 13 October 2022
Participants are required to complete 1 individual assignment (30%), an individual class test (25%), and 3 individual journal assignments (45%). A Professional Certificate is presented to candidates upon successful completion of the Course.
- At least a years' experience in a PR or Communication role or have attended the IPRS Introduction to PR and Mass Communication course.
- Mature applications without the relevant qualifications may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
IPRS Member: $3000
~ Participants who had attended IPRS' Introduction to PR & Mass Comm Course will enjoy a discount of $200.
~ NTUC Members will be able to apply for a subsidy under the UTAP Scheme. Please approach IPRS for more details or visit: NTUC UTap – SkillsPortal.sg
Like to learn more about Corporate Branding, Media Relations, Crisis Communication, and other PR-related topics? Select from our wide range of topics in the course content, the subjects that you are interested in. Modular Course Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
For more information
Please contact the IPRS Secretariat at 6534 1841 (normal office hours) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
IPRS Training: Professional Certificate In PR & Mass Communications
- PR & Communications: Principles, Roles and Career Pathways
- Internal Communication: Culture, Leadership and Responsibilities
- Stakeholder Relations: Definitions and Effective Engagement
- Communication Strategy: Concepts, Planning and Execution
- Media Relations: Publicity, News Releases and Pitching
- PR Research: Types, Design, and Best Practices
- Evaluation And Measurement: Terminologies, Methodologies and Tools
Integrated Marketing Communications
- Integrated Marketing Communications: Distinctions, Needs and Building Blocks
- Social Media: Principles, Content Creation, Measurements and Regulations
- Digital Communications: User, Choice and Empowerment
- Event/Project Management: Definitions, Design and Tools
- Sponsorship: Purpose, Types and Strategy
Branding And Reputation Management
- Corporate Branding: Origins, Symbols and Identity
- Reputation Management: Fundamentals and Ethics
- Issues Management: Identification, Evaluation and Action
- Crisis Communications: Principles, Roles and Press Statements
- Sustainability Management: ESG, CSR and Climate Communications
- Community Building: Motivations, Outreach and Strategy